Sunday, April 5, 2009

Grrrr

Share
When I went about setting up a blog space around Oct/Nov last year, I went looking for a few different names for the blog.

Based around different variations of my own name, and "web handles" I've used over the last 6-7 yrs.

All were taken and the alternative were to messy and long.

So i picked Steve616, as its easy to remember and has a nice nerdy meaning to it also.

Steve is my real name, and 616 comes from Marvel comics, Earth 616 is the name used to identify the primary continuity in which most Marvel Comics titles take place. It also allows stories like THE ULTIMATES(Earth1610) an MARVEL ZOMBIES(Earth2149)
Yes, i am a slight comic book nerd, why does this surprise you?Ahhh bless is this your 1st visit to my blog?

Also 616 is also supposed to be the original number of the beast,In 2005, a fragment of papyrus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the Book of Revelation discussing the Number of the Beast. It gave the number as 616, suggesting that this may have been the original.

Which is kinda cool as it links up to a web name I've been using since 2000, which was Evil Steve.

Oh, yes so what was the point of this, well i was just messing about an hour ago clicked on create a new blog, and it gave me the option to have evil-steve.blogspot.com.

Bastards, it wasn't there 6 months ago.

Oh well, cyber squatting on it now :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment