Sunday, June 14, 2009

Death Of A Time Lord

Share


Super fan Sebastian Neale, 26, of Risca, South Wales, tragically passed away last week from head injuries. His caring friends and family pulled together one hell of a salute to the biggest fan of Britain's Time Lord, The Doctor.

According to the Daily Mail, his coffin was made to resemble the blue police box Tardis complete with flashing light.

The funeral music was swapped out in favor of the Dr. Who's theme song and mourners were greeted with the Doctor's words, "I'm a time lord ... I'm not a human being. I walk in eternity." Instead of Bible verses, the funeral consisted of quotes from classic Who scripts, including William Hartnell's famous speech from "The Dalek Invasion Of Earth": "One day, I will come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine."





Now thats a send off, i love the use of William Hartnells words in the ceremony.

0 comments:

Post a Comment